Coders Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all of your programming needs and wants.

4 posters

Do you ever run into famous people?

dixee
    dixee

Do you ever run into famous people? Empty Do you ever run into famous people?

Post by dixee 11/15/2009, 7:05 pm

Maybe it's just where I live, but I run into a lot. Do I really care? No. They're just people. It doesn't make more of me. It's just a subject I decided would be interesting.

Perhaps a better question is what is the closest you have gotten to someone famous?

I came across the cast from Disney's Sonny with a Chance at Disneyland one evening.
    About a month later, my friend literally got punched out by a security guard for accidentally bumping into Selena Gomez who was with David Henrie (both, Wizards of Waverly Place) at Knott's Scary Farm at the same time as us. He's clumsy and wasn't watching where he was going, but how do you explain that to a security guard?
    Dominic Monaghan (LoTR, Lost, Flash Forward) was in a restaurant that I go to all the time just the other day when I went for lunch.
    I've been friends with USC Quarterback Matt Barkley for the last several years (same grade, same church). Long before he was popular. I was actually talking to him and his family this morning.

There's been some more too, but this is recent stuff. What about you guys?
    luke
    luke
    Admin
    Admin

Do you ever run into famous people? Empty Re: Do you ever run into famous people?

Post by luke 11/15/2009, 7:54 pm

I'm around a famous guy all the time.

Me.

EDIT: XD kidding.

The closest I've ever been... Two Dallas Cowboys football stars helped push my car up the hill to the gas station when we ran out XD
    dixee
    dixee

Do you ever run into famous people? Empty Re: Do you ever run into famous people?

Post by dixee 11/15/2009, 10:04 pm

That's awesome of them to do that. And, yes, you are very famous. Soon, anyway.
    luke
    luke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by luke 11/15/2009, 10:09 pm

XD Hahahahahha you should known me a few years ago 0_0
    Mars
    Mars

Post by Mars 11/16/2009, 12:50 am

Plenty.... just plenty...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/16/2009, 2:51 am

@Luke
    Yes. I should have. I can only imagine what it may have been like.

@Mars
    Nice. If you ever feeling like detailing your answer, that'll work too.
    Mars
    Mars

Post by Mars 11/16/2009, 3:34 pm

Most of the 'famous people' I run into are people you don't get to know the face of.
    Um... let me think a bit and see if i can pick out the more recognizable names...

Caitlin Glass... I don't know how well known she is.... um... we're barely acquaintances... friend of the family really...

I work in publications so I know a lot of writers but I don't think I'm allowed to release those names... don't need people knowing too much about me or my job you know...

Bruce Lewis...

One day when at a hotel on a business trip I was roomed next to a jap-pop band Duel Jewel... Apparently they were there for a concert... I talked to them for a bit then made a couple of jokes about japan so they walked away...

Monica Rail...
    Douglas Smith...

Oh god what was that one guy's name... football player for like the porpoises or something... sharky? shocky? oh hell...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/16/2009, 4:32 pm

Oh, that's fun. Writing is one of my passions. Next year in college I'm double majoring in English and Computer Sciences. Thanks for sharing.
    Mars
    Mars

Post by Mars 11/16/2009, 4:37 pm

I googled the football player, his name is Jeremy Shockey and plays for the Saints... somehow in my brain that turned into porpoises don't ask how...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/16/2009, 4:56 pm

Haha. Nice. I remember the name from somewhere. Oh yeah. My younger brother that lives and breathes football. He must have uttered the name at some time.
    Mars
    Mars

Post by Mars 11/16/2009, 11:19 pm

He was completely drunk when I met him... started yelling at an old lady at the airport so after getting an autograph for my stepdad i quickly vacated the area...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/17/2009, 12:14 am

Haha, wow. Being drunk like that is such a waste of life.
    Mars
    Mars

Post by Mars 11/17/2009, 2:16 am

You know... I've only drank once in my life... didn't like the taste all to much so never did it again... waste of money it is... I'll stick to my soda... at least its a good tasting waste of money...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/17/2009, 4:41 am

That it is.
    Vivi_IX
    Vivi_IX
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Vivi_IX 11/17/2009, 2:32 pm

I took a picture with C3PO from Star Wars once when I vistited Carnigy Melon University. Other than that I don't think I've ever seen or met anybody famous.

Other than Fabulous's son. I went to school with him. He was in several of my classes.
    Mars
    Mars

Post by Mars 11/17/2009, 3:16 pm

Who's fabulous?

god what an awkward question...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/17/2009, 3:40 pm

I'm not sure I've ever heard of Fabulous either. Meeting the C3PO guy must have been cool though. Even though I don't like the character, he's a bit of an unwieldy legend, and I find the actor interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 3:10 am