Coders Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all of your programming needs and wants.

2 posters

The Sound of Pilot

TehPilot
    Stranger
    Stranger

The Sound of Pilot Empty The Sound of Pilot

Post by TehPilot 5/8/2009, 11:25 am

That's right, I make music.

Before anyone asks, I'm using an online website to create music. It's JS/Flash tool with a converter utility to make WAV files. It's good. I have no intention of installing anything onto my hard drive Wink

Currently I'm trying to master all sorts of different genres. It's really hard to do, since there's no defined instruments for specific genres... and the metal guitar is bleh.

Currently, I've only nailed Rock and Techno so far.

Rock - Rock Song
    Metal - None
    Progressive - None
    Rap - None
    Hip-Hop - None
    Techno - Techno Theme
    Classical - None
    Random (heh) - None

I have a lot of work to do...

If you want any in a file format, let me know. I'll do the hard work for you Wink

-Pilot
    SoulRed12
    SoulRed12

The Sound of Pilot Empty Re: The Sound of Pilot

Post by SoulRed12 5/8/2009, 3:33 pm

Pretty nice stuff. I could think of quite a few places in a game I could use for that techno theme (I don't make games any more, I'm just saying, that your piece would go well in a game).

If you want to grow and expand with your music though, I'd suggest investing at least a little money into getting an actual program for editing midi and audio. I'm sure there are some free ones out there but generally they're pretty poor quality unless you get mac with garageband, and even then you still have to buy the mac XD. I'm not sure what notissimo is, but from what it seems it probably isn't incredibly versatile.

Unless, that is, it's just a midi player and you are in fact using another program, in which case forget everything I just said Razz
    TehPilot
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by TehPilot 5/9/2009, 6:33 am

Yeah, Notessimo isn't the most flexible, but it's pretty good. I was thinking of saving money for some programs like Flash, so that could be something to look forward to.

Thanks anyways for your comments, and yeah, the techno theme is good for games Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content