Coders Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all of your programming needs and wants.

+5
SoulRed12
Tirade
Vivi_IX
John
dixee
9 posters

What do you guys do for fun?

dixee
    dixee

What do you guys do for fun? Empty What do you guys do for fun?

Post by dixee 11/6/2009, 4:22 pm

Aside from spend time on the computer or with video games, what do you guys do for fun?

I skateboard, sometimes, but I'm not really that good so I don't do it too often (terrible logic, I know). Often, too I'll go to the movies with my friends.
    Then, because I live only twenty minutes away, my friends and I go to Disneyland probably three or four times a month.

I play guitar and piano, but hated all of my teachers so I'm mostly self-taught. Also, I'm not all that big on writing music. I play some of other people's stuff, but usually I just strum or lay down whatever comes to mind. If I took notes on this, I would have amassed weeks of music by now.

I like to draw. Pen and paper are my favorite tools for artwork, and robots are typically the subject of my illustrations.

I also enjoy bike rides through the city streets and on the beach.

So, what about all you guys?
    John
    John
    Admin
    Admin

What do you guys do for fun? Empty Re: What do you guys do for fun?

Post by John 11/6/2009, 5:13 pm

You live in Orlando? I love that city! Razz

Anywho. Believe it or not, I actually have a life.

My favorite thing to do is be with my girlfriend. I go out on weekends. Every weekend that's possible. (That's why I'm not so active on Saturdays and Sundays Razz)

I solve Rubik's Cubes!!!! XD

I'll play my guitar with friends. Love that instrument.

I'll go skating. I dunno! SOMETHING! XD

Can't be on the computer ALL the time. Razz
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/6/2009, 7:26 pm

Newport Beach, California, actually. Orlando has Disneyworld. I had a feeling I should have made that distinction. Disneyland is in Anaheim, just a short drive from where I live.

But, that's cool. Do you consider yourself that good at skating? Also, I tried to solve a Rubik's Cube once. No luck. I decided that I'll probably put some effort into it again later, but I keep postponing that 'later.'
    John
    John
    Admin
    Admin

Post by John 11/6/2009, 7:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN1LPyBjocw
    Me solving a 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube. Razz

I'm pretty good at skating. I'd rather ice skating though. It's much faster and you get a better feeling...
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/6/2009, 7:41 pm

Hmmm. That's something I can say I've never tried. It sounds fun.

Oh, and nice video too. Unlike most Rubik's solves, you can actually tell that on this you had to concentrate and figure it out. I mean, even though I couldn't see your face, I could see you thinking and the wheels turning. Very impressive.
    John
    John
    Admin
    Admin

Post by John 11/6/2009, 7:57 pm

It's funny. When I solve it in front of my friends I'm usually looking at just about everything but the cube. I've solved it soooo many times! XD

But, I guess I was a tad nervous, what with the filming and all.
    Vivi_IX
    Vivi_IX
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Vivi_IX 11/6/2009, 8:33 pm

dixee, you sound like the female version of me minus the skateboarding, Disney World, piano teacher, and robots.

I enjoy attemping to play the piano (midi keyboard). I've made a couple songs of just me playing but most have to be sped up to sound interesting. I don't know any real songs and can't read music so I would kill for your "hated teachers".

I also like riding my through the suburbs(theres no real city near here). Usually I'll ride at night becuase it feels more free and exciting to ride through dark neighborhoods. I used to play D&D with my friend but I'm just not into it like they are; it's practically their lives. And occasionally someone will host a bon-fire/get togather and I'll hang out there all night.
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/6/2009, 8:48 pm

Awesome. I definitely agree on riding at night being free and exciting. I don't mind going on a night drive either.

@John
    You didn't look nervous. It just looked like it was hard, and took time, but you seemed to master it really well.
    John
    John
    Admin
    Admin

Post by John 11/6/2009, 8:55 pm

Thanks Dixee. :]
    Tirade
    Tirade
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Tirade 11/6/2009, 9:34 pm

I love playing my piano/keyboard. I read alot, mess around with a guitar and a recorder, and doing astronomy stuff. I'm still trying to figure out the rubiks cube.
    SoulRed12
    SoulRed12

Post by SoulRed12 11/6/2009, 11:54 pm

I write music. I also play the piano and basketball, when I can get down to the gym. Someone watching me from afar would also think I love doing homework but that's just because I have so much =/ haha.

With friends I like going to movies, bowling, skating, swimming, flag football, etc.
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/7/2009, 4:53 am

Awesome. I think it's funny that we all share musicality.
    Whitepath
    Whitepath

Post by Whitepath 11/7/2009, 2:25 pm

Yea. I too love the piano. I've owned a keyboard since I was 3, and thats when it started. I have not once taken lessons, so anything I know is self tought. I do wish I had an actual piano though, it sounds amazing. I am currently stuck with a piece of crap keyboard =P. I would at least enjoy one that has the pressure diffrence >.>.

I mainly hang out with my friends day in and day out. Right after school we usually drive over to at least one persons house, usually turns out to be around 3. If I'm not hanging out with them, I'm usually hangin out with my girl. If THATS not happening, I'm looking over my site, and attempting to learn GML (no luck)
    SoulRed12
    SoulRed12

Post by SoulRed12 11/7/2009, 3:33 pm

Yeah, actually the pressure difference is what lead me to buy a real piano. I started out with this keyboard my dad had, which didn't have any touch sensitivity...literally, as in no matter how hard you pressed it the sound would always come out the same. Bleh. Then we bought a Yamaha keyboard which was great for a while (had touch sensitivity), but I started to need more resistance because without it it'd be a lot harder to play on a real piano when the time came (performances, etc.). So we bought a grand.

It's actually a mini-grand, we don't have the room or funds for a full one. But it still sounds much better than a piano sound coming from two speakers ^_^
    Whitepath
    Whitepath

Post by Whitepath 11/7/2009, 3:54 pm

Oh man, I hear ya. Although I can make some nice sounding songs/tunes on my keyboard, its still bland considering I can only have one volume (per note played, no pressure sensitivity)
    dixee
    dixee

Post by dixee 11/7/2009, 4:20 pm

I have an upright piano. I love playing that thing. Going back to keyboards (which, on occasion during performances with my mock-band outfit, happens) is pretty blah. We have fun and rock out, though, so it's all good.
    Kt395
    Kt395

Post by Kt395 11/7/2009, 5:23 pm

Hmm... What do I do for fun... Well, what is fun? I'm one of the biggest nerds you can possibly think of... So probably study and read. I love reading non-fiction books, expecially about physics.
    luke
    luke
    Admin
    Admin

Post by luke 11/7/2009, 5:55 pm

I play piano.. I love playing, it's a form of stress relief for me. Also mountain biking and kayaking.. My mom and I have been to many biking competitions (I ranked sixth in the regional triathlon)

Hanging out with friends is something I do on a regular basis. Of course, I'm a computer programmer/hacker, but not much of a gamer. I've been banned from Xbox live twice now, hence me not being much of a gamer, more of a hacker >.>

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm in the school marching band. It's a whole lot of fun. We're goin to Carnegie Hall over Spring Break. Look left, I'm the tallest one in the picture, holding a Mellophone (marching French Horn)

I also love to cook. Ask any of my friends, and they'll say they've been guinea pigs to the countless foods I make. My favorite things to cook are Lasagna and Flan (I make flan the complicated way XD)
    piefaceclown
    piefaceclown
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by piefaceclown 11/8/2009, 8:07 pm

I play guitar, play video games, and just hang out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:45 pm